Getting ready for a family vacation can be overwhelming to say the least. So here's my guide to getting ready, I hope you find it helpful!
- Sort through everyone in the family's closets to see what you can set aside.
- For little one's, this is a good time to store anything that's too small, this will make the process much easier.
- Make appointments like getting your nails done, or anything else that might require childcare in order to get done.
WRITE YOUR LISTS
- Write your lists for each family member. Store them in your phone so you have them when you're out and about.
- Once you have a good list, you can always come back to it and adjust as needed.
SHOP, BORROW, RENT
- Do you need to rent a car seat once you reach your destination? Arrange delivery of a crib or high chair?
- Ask a friend to borrow any missing items? Arrange a time to pick it up?
- If you're shopping online make sure you leave enough time for delivery.
If there's anything that needs repairs, cleaning etc. get that done.
PACK (INCLUDING CARRY ON'S)
- I would recommend doing this a few weeks in advance of your travel. You don't want to get stuck with too many bags or carry on items.
- What's your plan for entertaining baby/toddlers at the airport, on the plane? This would be a good time to figure that out, maybe do a dollar store run for stickers and games etc.
- Go through and pull out items you know you probably won't need. Plus, it's always good to leave extra room if you plan on shopping a little on vacation.
TRY not to overpack. If you don't wear it, you're probably not going to wear it on vacation. You'll probably wear most of your basics over and over again.
THE DAY/NIGHT BEFORE
- Have your suitcases and bags packed and by the door. Any additional items like a stroller should be ready to go at the door. Coats, shoes, hats, etc. have them ready.
- Download any movies/shows you want handy on your tablet if you're bringing one.
LAST MINUTE ITEMS LIST
These are usually the most important items that you can't pack until the morning of travel.
- Wallet, specific cards, etc
- Phone and phone charger
- Tablet + headphones
- Baby's lovie
*MOST IMPORTANTLY. Actually check this list before you leave the house. Not just mentally, actually open it and check it all off.
Mishaps may happen during travel with kids, it's all part of the experience! Happy Travels! xo Haley
P.s here's the Baby Packing Checklist I shared with my subscribers.