My sweet Benjamin is turning one tomorrow, so naturally I've been staring at his newborn photos and reflecting on his amazing journey so far. I'll always miss the time we spent together in those first few months but I'm also looking forward to what's next!
Each little phase of baby's first year comes and goes so quickly, documenting it is key. Here are some of the things I did to document Benjamin's first year.
- Write in a notebook. I am so guilty of buying cute notebooks that I don't need and never use. So I used one of them to write notes to Benjamin. I planned to do it every month, but of course that didn't happen. I've only accomplished a total of three entries, but they are solid entries so I'm ok with it. It's busy taking care of a baby!
- Set up an email address. I think I sent him one email saying "I LOOOOVE YOUUUUU!"
- Take a million photos and videos... proceed to buy more storage. My sister in law bought me really cute milestone cards so I did take a milestone photo of him every month, except I missed month 8, 9 and 11. I'm sorry Benjamin!
- Professional photoshoots. We did a newborn photoshoot to capture teeny tiny Benjamin. We were gifted a family photoshoot by a dear family friend which we decided to do at 4 months.
- Fill in the baby book. I randomly found a baby book on his bookshelf that we received as a gift. So I plan to fill it in one of these days.
- Make a movie. This last one has been a major success. I noticed that I had a manageable amount of videos on my phone, so at around 4 months I started compiling them into iMovie (with zero experience). It was super easy, so every few months I uploaded the new videos, added fun captions and set them to music. I still have about four months to add, not bad.
How did you document baby's first year? Let me know in the comments below.
With love, Haley