When it comes to boys names, we tend to see a lot of traditional choices - which we love. But, there's a growing list of fresh boys names that are gaining major popularity. We were curious to find out a bit more about these names and what makes them so cool. Let's begin!
- Multiple origins including Spanish, Italian and Celtic, also thought to be a shortened version of Carlo/Carlos
- Popular in the first half of the twentieth century, it's now experiencing a revival - and is one of the most popular baby names in the UK and New Zealand
- English origin meaning town by the pool, as well as the obvious presidential connection to Abraham Lincoln
- Actors Kristin Bell and Dax Shepard used it for their daughter, later joined by sister Delta Bell
- English origin meaning of the highest quality, most associated with British currency and silver markets
- Several recent television character associations ( including Roger Sterling, Mad Men) as well as the actor Sterling K. Brown from the hit show This is Us
- English origin meaning brave in war
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher recently used it for their daughter, but it's still mostly popular as a boys name
- Hebrew origin meaning help, also a heroic character in the bible
- Currently growing in popularity with parents seeking a fresh biblical name
- Multiple pop culture associations across television and music including rising star Ezra Miller, and the character Ezra Fitz from the show Pretty Little Liars
- Like the colour, this name evokes a sense of calm and cool
- Gained popularity following fictional character Christian Grey of the Fifty Shades of Grey franchise.
- Irish origin name meaning skilled
- Obvious connection to the city in Texas which gives it a a relaxed, laid-back vibe
- English and Latin origin meaning wood, forest
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel chose it for their son, Justin's own last name includes the word timber, and his latest album is entitled Man of the Woods - talk about a family tree! (had to throw in at least one mom joke)
- English origin name meaning east-facing place
- Part of the directional group of names on the rise since the birth of North West - Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's eldest daughter
- English origin literally meaning grinder of grain
- Celebrities that have used the name include fashion designer Stella McCartney, singer Melissa Etheridge, and actors Tea Leoni and David Duchovny
Did we miss any of your favourite names for boys? Did you give your little one a unique boys name? Let us know in the comments right here on the blog, on Instagram, Facebook, or send me an email at email@example.com.
With Love, Haley
*Name origins sourced from nameberry.com.
If you like this post, you might also like,